Why Do Search Ad Extensions Matter?
Director of Content
Search ad extensions are an important feature offered by search engines, such as Google and Bing, that provide additional information about a business or product in a search ad. These extensions can include links to specific pages on a website, telephone numbers, location information, and more. The use of search ad extensions can greatly enhance the effectiveness of a search ad campaign, leading to increased click-through rates (CTR) and conversions.
Why Are Search Ad Extensions Important for Businesses?
- Increased Visibility: Search ad extensions allow businesses to provide more information about their products and services to potential customers, increasing the visibility of their ad and making it more likely to be noticed and clicked on. For example, including a location extension in an ad can help customers find a nearby store, while including a call extension can make it easy for customers to call the business directly.
- Enhanced User Experience: By providing additional information and options, search ad extensions enhance the user experience and make it easier for customers to find what they are looking for. For example, including a sitelink extension can direct customers to specific pages on a website, such as a product page or a contact page.
- Improved CTR and Conversions: Search ad extensions have been shown to increase CTR and conversions. A study by Google found that ads with at least one search ad extension had an average CTR that was 30% higher than ads without extensions. Additionally, businesses that use search ad extensions see an average of 10% more conversions.
What Are the Different Types of Search Ad Extensions?
- Sitelink Extensions: Sitelink extensions allow businesses to add links to specific pages on their website in their ad, making it easier for customers to find the information they are looking for.
- Call Extensions: Call extensions allow businesses to include a phone number in their ad, making it easy for customers to call the business directly.
- Location Extensions: Location extensions allow businesses to include their address and a map to their location in their ad, making it easy for customers to find their store.
- Review Extensions: Review extensions allow businesses to include a quote from a review or testimonial in their ad, helping to build trust and credibility with potential customers.
- App Extensions: App extensions allow businesses to include a link to their app in their ad, making it easy for customers to download the app and use it to interact with the business.
- Structured Snippet Extensions: Structured snippet extensions allow businesses to provide more information about their products or services in their ad, such as a list of brands or types of services offered.
How to Implement Search Ad Extensions
- Understand your audience: Before implementing search ad extensions, it is important to understand your audience and what kind of information and options they are looking for.
- Choose the right extensions: Not all search ad extensions will be relevant for every business. Choose the extensions that will be most beneficial for your business and audience.
- Test different extensions: It is important to test different extensions to see which ones are most effective for your business.
- Monitor and adjust: Monitor the performance of your search ad extensions and make adjustments as needed.
Search ad extensions are an important feature for businesses looking to improve the visibility and effectiveness of their search ad campaigns. By providing additional information and options, search ad extensions can increase CTR and conversions, enhance the user experience, and make it easier for customers to find what they are looking for.