How To Find An Outstanding North Jersey SEO Agency
Director of Content
Is it time to break up?
It’s not something you’re looking forward to – the whole routine involving guilt, then guilt changes to anger, then regret about the energy, money, and time wasted. At some point, you’re bound to say, “It’s not you… it’s me.” What once felt so good has now blown up before your very eyes.
We are, of course, referring to ending your relationship with your North Jersey SEO agency.
No one looks forward to failed relationships, even in the business world. If, however, from the very start, you hire an SEO company that is trustworthy and reliable, you can avoid all the headaches and heartache. That may, however, be easier said than done.
To assist you in your endeavor to find the right North Jersey SEO agency, here’s a bit of advice.
Knowing What to Avoid
To find the best SEO agency, it can be important to know what to avoid. If anything like the following is promised by an SEO agency, turn and run!
- ROI projections of any kind
- Any amount of back links
- Search engine submissions
- Instant leads
- Doubled traffic
- Overnight rankings
Promises are useless and meaningless unless they come to their fruition. There are very few guarantees in life, the bullet points above are among those that cannot be assured without fail.
Questions You Should Be Asking
When searching for the right SEO agency, there are a handful of questions that you should pose. These are as follows:
- What are your payment options and fees?
- What options, budgets, and contracts are available?
- For companies similar to mine, have you done similar work before?
- What about performance guarantees – do you provide them?
- I’ll actually own my website, right?
- To my website and my analytics/AdWords accounts, do I have full access?
- How often will we communicate, and how?
- If I want to cancel, what’s the process?
- Regarding my current contract, what exactly is in it (When does it end? What does it include? Re-read it!)
Don’t Do the Following…
When choosing the right SEO agency, avoid these common pitfalls:
- Failure to do your homework/research. Look at the company you’re considering, browse through their blogs, read their online reviews, and look at their case studies.
- Just because they’re local, doesn’t mean they’re the right SEO company for you. Utilizing local businesses is admirable, but not at the expense of your success.
- Never forget – you get what you pay for. It’s a tired old saying, but it rings true. Going with a cheap SEO agency could prove to cost you more in the long run!
- “Magic Potions” and “Secret Sauces”… No one truly has these as they apply to SEO agencies. Don’t fall for a pitch that hints at an agency having some kind of miracle elixir that’s going to guarantee success. Proven success and experience are what separate the experts from the amateurs. There is no fantastical formula other than that.
- Don’t fall for all things shiny and pretty. Judging a book by its cover is one of the biggest mistakes you can make when it comes to SEO agencies. Look past all the smoke and mirrors, flashy sales presentations, etc. Rather, dig down deep inside the high-tech, beautiful marketing pitches to uncover what’s really in there.
Finding the Right North Jersey SEO Agency
You need results. You’ve now seen what kind of agencies don’t deserve a second thought. But how do you find companies worthy of contact and questioning? To help you locate the perfect business partner for your needs (the right SEO agency), these tips should assist you in narrowing your search:
- Define Your Budget for SEO – Planning your budget ahead of time will help you avoid getting involved with a service that’s out of your affordability range. To see if you can afford their service, early on, ask about price ranges and package deals. To make your life easier, there are usually a variety of packages from which to choose where most SEO companies are concerned.
- Locate SEO Agency Testimonials, Case Studies, and Reviews – Reviews and testimonials are one of the best ways to find unbiased opinions regarding most any business. Reviews can be located on sites like Glassdoor, Yelp, or Google. People pay attention to not only reviews by customers but by staff members, as well. “What’s it like to work for this company?” An undesirable company culture can signal an SEO company that isn’t worthy of your time and money.
- Make Sure the SEO Company Tracks Your Data – All of your company data should be tracked and measured by an SEO agency in order to find the appropriate solutions for your particular business. This involves click through rates, site visits, contact forms, phone calls, and more. To pick your company’s appropriate business strategies, rather than relying on gut instincts, it’s crucial to base decisions off of results.
- Make Sure Your SEO Goals Are Clearly Defined – You’ll need to figure out where there is room for improvement regarding your online presence before you can identify the right company. You might just need SEO, or you might require an entirely new website. Getting a digital marketing analysis is never a bad thing. It can show you where you need to improve.
- Schedule a Consultation – It Never Hurts – Most any agency will walk you through the manner in which they feel they can help you. On your industry and your particular company, they will likely do a bit of research before the consultation. This will assist you in getting a better idea of the creativity and passion of the SEO agency’s team members.
The Best and Final Tip for Finding The Right SEO Agency in North Jersey
All of the above can be simplified and condensed down to one step: contact SmartSites. We specialize in digital marketing so you can trust that we will help you improve your online presence with ease. Check out our track record and see what we have done for businesses in North Jersey.